From: John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>
Sent: September 7, 2022 2:51 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)' <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Acorn CNC

> From: ken.stra...@sympatico.ca [mailto:ken.stra...@sympatico.ca]
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Acorn CNC
>
> Yes and no. Pathpilot is free but it comes on a USB stick which is
> chargeable. See https://tormach.com/search/?q=pathpilot%20upgrade

So we just pay $24.95+ shipping.  Insert into system and boot and it installs
LinuxCNC and Path Pilot user interface?  And since I don't have Tormach I'd
then have to go through the process of configuring the HAL and INI files?

And for a simpler operating like surfacing something held in the vise or
clamped to the table there's an approach like the attached photo or must one
still write G-Code or use CAM to do this?

Perhaps a Path Pilot user can post a screen shot like the one attached that
shows how to do this?

Thanks
John