Hi John,

If you have Sheetcam, I'm fairly sure that it can take in drill files and produce G code for Mach3 or LinuxCNC.

Cheers,

Peter

On 2/11/2022 8:19 am, John Dammeyer wrote:
I needed a small PC board.  I converted the short drill file .txt over to G-Code .nc
or .tap.   Took a few tries to get it right for LinuxCNC which complained about a
few things that MACH3 didn't.  Ended up using the CNC router with MACH3 because the
router can do 20,000 RPM while my mill is limited to 3000.  Better to turn the
0.035" drill bits at higher RPM I'm told.
Anyway. Does anyone know of a Protel 99SE drill file conversion program to G-Code for CNC? I've attached both. Hopefully they will come through. https://youtu.be/5zh-28CHdj4 <https://youtu.be/5zh-28CHdj4> Here's a short (very short) video of a few of the holes being drilled. It's been so long since I did this that of course I first drilled from the copper side rather than the component side. Came out mirrored of course. Then flipped the piece of PCB around and did it correctly. The parts just barely fit but that's fine. It's just a prototype. John "ELS! Nothing else works as well for your Lathe"
Automation Artisans Inc.
www dot autoartisans dot com