I needed a small PC board.  I converted the short drill file .txt over to
G-Code .nc or .tap.   Took a few tries to get it right for LinuxCNC which
complained about a few things that MACH3 didn't.  Ended up using the CNC router
with MACH3 because the router can do 20,000 RPM while my mill is limited to
3000.  Better to turn the 0.035" drill bits at higher RPM I'm told.

Anyway.  Does anyone know of a Protel 99SE drill file conversion program to
G-Code for CNC?  I've attached both.  Hopefully they will come through.

https://youtu.be/5zh-28CHdj4  <https://youtu.be/5zh-28CHdj4>

Here's a short (very short) video of a few of the holes being drilled.  It's
been so long since I did this that of course I first drilled from the copper
side rather than the component side.  Came out mirrored of course.  Then
flipped the piece of PCB around and did it correctly.  The parts just barely
fit but that's fine.  It's just a prototype.

John

"ELS! Nothing else works as well for your Lathe"
Automation Artisans Inc.
www dot autoartisans dot com

M72
M48