It doesn't say anywhere in the linuxcnc manual for classic ladder - but is
there a limit for the compare block to just 2 compares?
ie..

I had this in the compare
%IW0<%W0,&%IW0>0,&IW0<7
For the life of me the logic just wasn't working.
Finally I put it in 2 separate compares..
%IW0<%W0 in one..  followed by %IW0>0,&IW0<7

This worked as expected..

BTW - the old emco turret with no feedback should work pretty darn well
with a little ladder logic..  Only 1 output.  (logic 0 runs the turret into
the pawl through a current limiting resistor..   logic 1 runs the turret
clockwise to the next tool.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGPob1iKj8

The original Emco compact 5 CNC, when you would call a tool - say you are
at tool 1 and going to tool 3 - would stop at tool 2 and index.   (it stops
at every tool location between the one it was at and the one you called)

I think this was probably convenience as you need 2 different time delays -
the initial one to go to the next one..  (slightly longer than every pocket
after the first..)  I am currently using 2.2 seconds for the first tool -
1.8 seconds for every tool after.

kinda neat.