Nothing special about cutting CF, I routinely cut it for guitar neck
reinforcement using a chopsaw with a standard fine tooth carbide blade.
Since you're cutting a thin-wall section it might be a good idea to place a
close fitting wood block inside to prevent any blow-out. It will dull
blades if you're cutting a lot of it but I don't cut enough of it for that
to be an issue. .

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 11:17 AM Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I bet you could print a better tool than this.
> homedepot.com/p/Stanley-Miter-Box
> <https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-Miter-Box-STHT20360/311276301>
> Use a fine-tooth hack saw.   It is easier to cut a fiber tube than a
> same-size hardwood dowel or same-size steel tube.
>

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 5:38 AM gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>
> > On 12/1/22 00:47, Chris Albertson wrote:
> > > Cutting square tubing is no harder than cutting molding around a door
> > > frame.   Use a miter saw.   A fine tooth hacksaw blade works well for
> > > carbon fiber.
> > >

> > My mitre saw is a 12" Bosch chop saw, the fawncy high $ articulated one.
> > And I've a new carbide blade. New & carbide=dull.
> >
> > > If you don't have a miter saw, print a plastic guide block that holds
> the
> > > tube and has a slot for your hacksaw.
> >
> > I have considered that too, but in the form of an 18x18mm stuffer that's
> > sacrificial.
> > >
> > > Finish with a sanding block to make the edge nice.   I've cut a lot of
> > > fiber tubes, sharp saws work well. but glass and other fibers dull
> tools
> > > really fast.
> > >
> > > You can make a really strong part by gluing fiber tube into 3D printed
> > > blocks
> > >

> > That is essentially what I have in mind. But moving the tube sideways so
> > one run of the X belt runs inside it. Shorten it maybe 10 mm, and mill a
> > couple slots in the other ends idler so it remains adjustable.
> > Shortening it a few mm will lengthen the belt and narrow the carriage,
> > gaining back some X room lost by the basic design and even more lost by
> > my 4 wheel carriage design.
> >
> > Somewhere along the line, move the x home sw to the left end where they
> > were too cheap to use 6" more wire to reach it. That will require
> > rebuilding marlin or klipper. Shrug. Turn the whole axis end for end and
> > put it in some cable chain I already have. Neat but flying weight for
> > the Y motor to throw around & its in trouble already on an Ender5plus.
> > It loses Y home, I suspect because the way undersized psu is folding
> > back when using gyroid infill at more than 60 for speed.. Everything
> > else it can run at 200 or more. When I get done playing, the bed heat
> > and motor load will be removed from that supply, bed heat will be 62VAC,
> > and motor power will be a 650 watt 48 volt supply.
> >
> > Take care & stay well.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
> > --
> >   soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
> >   - Louis D. Brandeis
> > Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/>

> --
>
> Chris Albertson
> Redondo Beach, California

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist."
        -Kenneth Boulding, economist
Corporations are NOT people and money is NOT speech!