It's a good idea to create a drawing like the one in this link.  It shows how
to connect a Breakout Board to the
system.https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/featured-cnc-products/kl-5056e-digital-stepper-driverThe
 stepper drivers tend to have opto inputs and can be wired to open collector or
pnp sourcing transistors.JohnSent from my Samsung S10
-------- Original message --------From: Alan Condit via Emc-users
<emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Date: 2023-07-03  11:28 a.m.  (GMT-08:00) To:
EMC-Users <Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Cc: Alan Condit
<condit.a...@icloud.com> Subject: [Emc-users] Wiring Step Dir on KM5056E I am
in the process of wiring up a new controller for RPi4 using 7c81 and 7i76. In
the process of doing so, I discovered that I had wired my controller for my
PCBMill with a 7i76E Step+ to KM5056E Pulse-, Step- to KM5056E Pulse+, Dir+ to
KM5056E Dir-, and Dir- to KM5056 Dir+.It seems to run fine but, if I correct
the connections Step+ to Pulse+, Step- to Pulse-, Dir+ to Dir+ and Dir- to Dir-
what will happen. I don’t really want to break something that works.Thanks in