From: John Dammeyer [mailto:jo...@autoartisans.com]
Sent: July 4, 2023 1:48 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] G33.1 error then g-code file parsed

> The problem is under the covers somewhere and the Joint 2 following error
isn't totally accurate but is what happens later.
> John

That reads like the spindle stop time is overly long to me.

Actually the spindle stops so quickly that I can hear the splines rattle in
the pulley driver.   I suspect that the spindle stops and then starts back
in the clockwise direction  too quickly and the Z axis can't do that fast
enough.

My spindle is an AC Servo run with step/dir so I could change some values in
the ini file.

[SPINDLE_9]
MAX_VELOCITY = 50.0
#MAX_ACCELERATION = 30.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 300.0
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and
MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 62.50
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 375.00

The acceleration values of the spindle are dramatically faster than the Z
axis.
[JOINT_2]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.0
FERROR = 0.05
MIN_FERROR = 0.01
# 3.2:1 Max Speed
MAX_VELOCITY = 2.50
MAX_ACCELERATION = 10.0
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and
MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 2.75
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 20.0