On Fri, 8 Sept 2023 at 12:30, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> The problem is the analog i/o sample_hold, I need the digital equ so I
> don't have to do a jillion S32-float conversions.

I don't know why sample-hold is only S32, it would be much more useful
if it was configurable.

However, you can fake a sample-hold with a mux (this is something that
I have done several times)

If you feed the output of a mux back to the input-1 and the value to
be sampled to input-0, then you have a sample-hold.

mux_generic can be configured for any datatype (and even to convert
between datatypes, but that won't work if it's configured for
sample_hold as the output feeds back to the input so needs to be the
same datatype.

--
atp
lunatics."