Yup.  Stretch.

john@LinuxCNC-G3616:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        9.13
Codename:       stretch

However, when I went down to the machine to do this it was locked solid.  No
mouse movement.  Took a while to even reset.  Hasn't done this before.  I
unplugged the WiFi USB and we'll see if it locks up.   Likely it's a good idea
to move up to a newer version.  Sleuthing lock up problems on older
hardware/software is such a waste of time.

For now I guess it's still sneaker net.
John