From: lloyd wilson <llwilso...@rochester.rr.com>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2024 8:35 AM
To: Emc mail list <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] Mitsubishi VFD control

[You don't often get email from llwilso...@rochester.rr.com. Learn why this is
important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] Be sure links are safe.

I'm using a Mitsubishi E500 VFD for spindle drive on the VMC I'm retrofitting &
can't get variable speed to cooperate. The mitsub_vfd program operates properly
(I think)- run/stop behaves as expected, speed commands are generated and
accepted by the VFD, but the  motor speed stays the same. I hacked in a couple
of debugging statements to show the dialogs (running in halcmd):

setp sp.motor-cmd 50
halcmd: 01ED11388EF   SENT: 0x5 0x30 0x31 0x45 0x44 0x31 0x31 0x33 0x38
0x38 0x45 0x46
7!DEBUG:  ,0,1, 0x6 0x30 0x31

show pins

      4  float IN                     50  sp.motor-cmd

  then

setp sp.motor-cmd 80
halcmd: 01ED11F40F6   SENT: 0x5 0x30 0x31 0x45 0x44 0x31 0x31 0x46 0x34
0x30 0x46 0x36
7!DEBUG:  ,0,1, 0x6 0x30 0x31

show pins

      4  float IN                     80  sp.motor-cmd

the messages are properly formatted per the Mitsub manual & replies show no
errors

--but the test motor keeps running at the same speed.

Anyone have a clue where to look for the solution?

as always, thanks

-ldw