Starting on page 119 of Memmott's Digital Rhetoric and Poetics, you'll find
a very nice discussion of generators and "procedural affect" vis-a-vis
Montfort's Taroko Gorge (and its derivatives).
http://www.academia.edu/1230011/Digital_Rhetoric_and_Poetics_Signifying_Strategeies_in_Electronic_Literature

It helps me move towards an answer to the question of "where" a bot's
poetics are located.

A second piece that might be useful here is Montfort and Strickland's Sea
and Spar Between.  What I like about the "reading space" of the work is
that all 225 trillion stanzas can be mapped out as coordinates on a plane.
Here, instead of seeing the text generator as an "open-ended" process, our
experience of the sea is contained within a finite space (one that exceeds
human reckoning) rather than a linear stream of expressions.  As with
Taroko Gorge, it is worthwhile to experience the two different perspectives
of the piece: the screen output and the machine view (as well as the notes
that exist in the code).
https://nickm.com/montfort_strickland/sea_and_spar_between/reading.html

Davin