Randall,

I couldn't agree with you more. In light of that comment, here are a few
other assignments we did in the class:

Assignment lists:
https://medium.com/the-fake-news-reader/the-fake-news-
course-sillybus-d68953d6abf5

Assignments:
1) Inaugural Redress: Jive Tweeting
(The class Tweets from Inauguration Day)
Live-Tweet fictional accounts of a real life event.

2) Fake it, don’t break it!
3) Missed it by THAT much!
Make a story that's just a tad fake.  Introduces the 80-20-10 technique

4) Growing the Weeds
Write a fake news story based on an existing fake news story, either made
by the students in the class or others.

5) Post-Fact Checking. It’s fun!
Find sources online that corroborate the untruths of a Fake News story.
It's only too easy. This is a great assignment for teaching this difficulty
evaluating the truth of articles.

6)  Interview Schminterview
Create a fake interview by mixing new questions into an existing interview
(text, audio, or video). (The Colbert Report loved to do these)

7) Bespoke News (aka Postitution)
We provide a client, you serve up fake news made to order.

8) Photoshafting for fun or profit:
The fake image is worth 1000 fake Tweets. Produce fake images with some
photo manipulation.

These assignments are online for you to use, steal, remix, remash, rehash,
etc.
-Mark