Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your thoughtful remarks. There are many ways of addressing TRUMP,
and yes, I appreciate the “dressing down” so to speak of the root problem
without necessarily demonizing the object.

However, I am really glad you brought up the introduction to my XTreme
TRUMPology writings, because it is precisely the intent of this “performance
rant” to expose the underlying psychological forces at play in those who
unwittingly follow TRUMP into the darkness and the breakdown of the real. I
quote myself:

“You must enter deeply into the FLOW of TRUMP to be a surrogate for XTreme
TRUMPology. You must fully immerse yourself in the FLOW in all of its immense
deception & anger & entertainment & anarchy. You must open up wide the Media
Tap in order to initiate its ingestion and activate its total destruction,
swimming against the stream of disinformation to absorb & expose & annihilate
its meaning. Yes, you must even embrace the danger of any confusion to your
perception of reality.” http://www.randallpacker.com/category/xtreme-trumpology/

It is my belief that through the seduction of popular culture and the cult of
celebrity, TRUMP has amassed a following who revere him for his power of
personality, his wealth, his politically incorrect positions, his blatant
racism, his love of false conspiracy, his embrace of fakery. TRUMP has tapped
an explosive, pent-up well of hatred in the population that he has reshaped
into a powerful political movement.

I want to understand what is inside the minds of the so-called “deplorables,” I
want to know how they can possibly embrace the fakery, the xenophobia, the
misogyny. Even with the current Mika scandal, you see the White House fighting
back in fully reality tv regalia, casting TRUMP as the “fighter,” who doesn’t
take anything from the media without pushing back, violently. This is great
television and they’re all talking about it.

We have to ask, what kind of a society have we become when the President can
illicit this kind of behavior, can generate daily scandals, can blatantly lie
to the American people? In brief, it’s a society brought up on reality tv, dark
confessionals, celebrity backstabbing, tabloid scandals, et al. It is from
within this culture that TRUMP has cultivated and exploited his tactics to
undermine the truth as a power play for his own ends and narcissist ego. The
force of XTreme TRUMPology is an attempt to get inside of that phenomenon, to
become it, in order to grasp it both critically and viscerally.  I quote again:

QUOTE: “And to be a TRUE surrogate for XTreme TRUMPology, you must tear it all
up, blow it up, vent & smash all things establishment, status quo,
conventional. You must rise to the TRUE CAUSE of XTreme TRUMPology by lashing
out against the media to pulverize its incessant, chattering punditry in order
to attack & redirect the negativity of its ABSOLUTE bias. This (& more) is
required to become fully XTreme in the pure essence of the TRUMPological state
of being.”

Randall

On 6/29/17, 1:29 AM, "Mathias Fuchs"
<empyre-boun...@lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au on behalf of
mathias.fu...@creativegames.org.uk> wrote:

    Dear Randall,

    I understand and share your anger about the current temporary holder of
    the title of US president, but I wonder whether the focus on "diabolical
    fakery" and the introduction of XTreme TRUMPology targets the core of
    the problem. Bertold Brecht made an observation once, that by
    continously mentioning the "Führer" and his name, one would just make
    addititonal propaganda for the NAZIs, and he came up with a solution: He
    introduced a fake profession for Hitler, and called him "Der
    Anstreicher". This is German for someone who covers dirty walls with
    fresh paint to hide the dirt underneath. By doing so Brecht made a joke
    on Hitler's failure in getting accepted at the painters Academy class in
    Vienna, he reminded his readers on Hitler's whitewashing attempts, but
    at the same time he avoided repeating the name of the political enemy.
    Brecht faked the professional title of Hitler, but he did so in working
    against his regime. I think that we need not spend half of our lives in
    correcting all of the lies and the fake facts of the president's
    administration, but rather look at political problems from a viewpoint
    that goes beyond personification of political activities conduction in
    favour of a concrete political system, i.e. turbocapitalism, without
    assigning it to a demon or a devil. Do you see what I mean? It is hard
    to find mediatic truth within the political system we are forced to live
    in. How can messages of a tweet length format be true anyway? And why do
    we still hope that communicating on the basis of such would leave a
    chance for truth, correctness or appropriateness? The difference between
    true and false and the problem of keeping such a distinction as a valid
    guide for action is a matter that is rooted in a mediatic structure and
    a political system. The man with the yellow hair is just a puppet of a
    wider interest structure and once he leaves - I am afraid - we cannot
    celebrate having solved the problem. My main point here is that I think
    a personalisation of a political problem distracts from the problem.
    Having said so, may the man with the yellow hair soon stumble and fall.
    Best
    Mathias

    --
    Prof. Dr. Mathias Fuchs
    Institute of Culture and Aesthetics of Digital Media (ICAM)

    Co-Editor Journal Digital Culture & Society
    http://www.transcript-verlag.de/zeitschriften/digital-culture-und-society/

    Co-Editor Journal of Performance Research, Vol. 21 (4)
    http://www.performance-research.org/

    > Message: 3
    > Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:14:52 -0400
    > From: Randall Packer <rpac...@zakros.com>
    > To: soft_skinned_space <empyre@lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au>
    > Subject: Re: [-empyre-] Week 4: Welcome Lindsay Kelley, Anna Munster,
    >   Randall Packer, and Ana Valdex
    >
    > Dear List:
    >
    > Since August of 2015, I have been chronicling the TRUMP phenomenon, which
I refer to as XTreme TRUMPology. Here are 50 posts I have written to date:
http://www.randallpacker.com/category/xtreme-trumpology/

    > I see the developing fake news issue as the catalyst of a much greater
problem: the intentional distortion of reality for the purpose of gaining
political control. Fake news is a means to an end, what happens when morally
bankrupt demagogues are in pursuit of absolute power.

    > To this end, it beholds us to construct critical ?weapons? that we can
use to deconstruct and defuse this diabolical fakery, and it is my hope, that
during this next week, the empyre list can serve as both a virtual roundtable
for discussion, as well as a space for developing tactical methods we can
employ as media artists, theorists, and educators in our everyday lives and
work. Some of these methods have already been identified in past weeks? I hope
to see more!

    > These are dangerous times and I am interested in the kinds of critical
tools we can develop collectively to combat the torrent of fakery and
disinformation that is consuming our government, our country, and the world.