In my most recent poem *Animals of Dawn *(Talisman, 2016) I deal with the
same idea of stasis (its relation to infinity) in terms of Hamlet's delay
in taking revenge --that he does that because he exists in an another
temporal dimension than everyday life. The following passage from Levinas
is a caption to one of the pieces ("fragments") in the book,: ""The idea of
infinity is then not the only one that teaches what we are ignorant of....
It is not a reminiscence. It is experience in the sole radical sense of the
term... without this exteriority being able to be integrate."[i]

[i]Experience eliminates memory and becomes the language of the soul (of
*is*). In the soul, motion exists as idea, as thought tissue in motion. In
this language the non-integrate exterior (the idea of infinity) and the
ineffable interior (the eroding dream) become visible, as joined, for the
duration of an instant (as nutrinos), in the soul's motions towards
forgetting, and dying.

Ciao,

Murat