Dear -empyre- subscribers,

For the month of November we welcome Margaretha Haughwort as moderator for an
exciting month of discussion on, Magic and Technology. Margaretha is a member
of our -empyre- advisory board.  She  curated the October, 2017 topic, Radical
Aesthetics of Multispecies Worlding, Eco Art and Solidarity in a more than
human Capitalocene,
http://lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/2017-October/date.html

Margaretha participated in the Linz Unfinished project organized by Shulea
Cheang and while she was there she participated in the -empyre- broadcast
included -empyre- and four other listservs on radio.fro.

Margaretha teaches in the Department of Art and Art History, Film and Media
Studies at Colgate University in upstate New York. Her personal and
collaborative artwork explores the intersections between ideas of technology
and wilderness, digital networks and the urban commons, cybernetics and whole
systems permaculture — in the context of ecological, technological and human
survival.   Welcome once again Margaretha.  We welcome your nurtuance of
-empyre- this month. Many thanks Margaretha for your nurturance of our listserv
this month.
Renate

Moderator's Biography:
Margaretha Haughwout’s (US) creative work is a kind of multispecies worlding —
a phrase introduced by Donna Haraway, who understands it to be the "patterning
of possible worlds," a co-becoming that occurs through entanglements with other
species. Haughwout collaborates with humans, the more-than-human, and
technology to enact possible worlds -- worlds that generate abundance, presence
and relationship — and in doing so, antagonize proprietary regimes, colonial
temporalities, and capitalist forms of labor. Installation, participatory
event, walking tour, experimental pedagogy, intervention, speculative
fabulation, and biological processes articulate stages of worlding processes.
In 2019, Haughwout’s work has been featured at Stadwerkstatt in Linz Austria,
at the Usdan Gallery at Bennington College, and as a part of SLSA’s
Experimental Engagements exhibition.

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies