When Zach first sent out the invitations to contribute to a week on computation
and the nonhuman I have to confess that I read "computation" as pertaining to
counting and that Zach must have meant who or what counts as queer?
With this misprision in mind I have a question for Jack stemming from my unease
about something he said on Bullybloggers recently
(http://bullybloggers.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/friends-with-benefits-the-kids-are-all-right-friends-with-kids/).
 While I am more than sympathetic to the readings Jack undertakes of the films
it was the following sentence which gave me significant pause: "And this,
ultimately, is why straight people should leave the queer theory to the queers"
If Jack really believes this then I'm wondering where this leaves people like
me or Calvin Thomas or, more importantly, Eve Sedgwick? Do we or the work that
we do count?