The fourth week of October's -empyre- discussion will start tomorrow, continuing with the topic of Pain, Suffering, and Death in the Real and Virtual. The guest will be Maria Damon. Her biographical information is below. I've followed Maria's work for a long time, and it has always amazed me; it has a poetics all its own, brilliant and surprising.

- Alan

Week 4 - Maria Damon (US)

Maria Damon teaches poetry and poetics at the University of Minnesota. She
is the author of The Dark End of the Street: Margins in American Vanguard
Poetry and Postliterary America: From Bagel Shop Jazz to Micropoetries,
co-author of several books of poetry and online projects with mIEKAL aND
(Literature Nation, Eros/ion, pleasureTEXTpossession, E.n.t.r.a.n.c.e.d)
and one with Jukka-Pekka Kervinen (Door Marked X), and co-editor, with Ira
Livingston, of Poetry and Cultural Studies: A Reader.