Hi All,

I spent the day in a conference at Yale on security and privacy for journalists and their sources.With the news of Syria's blackout, it seemed particularly timely. One of the speakers said that she thought that children should be taught how to model threats from the third grade on. It struck me that modeling threats must precede representing risk because risk assessment has to be made with reference to what the risk is or is thought to be and that, in turn, hangs on threats. So I pass this along with the hope that someone will come up with a good way to do this -- and share it here.

CS