Hello Empyre,

We are alonso+craciun collective, a duo project from Uruguay.

We work in projects linking art, architecture, thoughts and social
practices. Since 2004 we have been working in several artistic projects, in
various formats such as installation, presentation, photography, video,
publications, objects, actions and workshops. We have tried to establish
relations with cultural public institutions, educational institutions, with
citizens who make actions on common areas of the city, with artists whose
critical thinking dialogues from conflict and others absolutely indifferent
to the daily rhythms. These relationships, approaches and discussions have
generated and contributed to generate different events in the public sphere
and an artistic production that seeks to contextualize and belong to the
complex world in which we live.

In our last project "Modos de Hacer Colectivo" (Ways of Doing Collectively)
which is actually happening now in cities of Uruguay (Paysandú, Rocha,
Tacuarembó). We work around the notion of collective art and how this
practices can dialogue with critical practices, militant practices,
activism, and reflexing about the word we are living. We are showing some
works from us and some others from collectives and artist we have invited.
We are also developing workshops with High Schools studemts across the city
mapping different situations.

Pictures and Spanish texts available here:

http://formasdehacercolectivo.wordpress.com/

we would like to introduce the work of some collectives.

CRAC (chile) http://www.cracvalparaiso.org/?lang=en

La Darsena (argentina) http://plataformaladarsena.blogspot.com/

Iconoclasistas (argentina) http://iconoclasistas.net/

Grupo Stalker (italy), here their work with the rom community
http://vimeo.com/20351544

Thanks and greeting from the south,

--
www.alonso-craciun.net