Sent from my iPad
This month has just whizzed by and Tim and I sadly close down our June
discussion Paris time so that Simon Biggs and Sue Hawkings can launch July's
topic Australian time on the first of July.
Asha you and your guests should feel free to finish out your discussions but I
am sending this from the airport in Paris now as we will be offline until we
touch down in Newark at noon EST. Time presents such an interesting dynamic in
this list serve as anyone who has moderated a month's discussion has come to
know.

At this time we would like to thank our moderators for Sound Paths: Sound
Studies Expanded.  The breadth of the month's topics on sound has been
provocative in many ways.
Week 1: The Creation of Labor through Action moderated by Timothy Taylor (US)
Week 2: Vibratory Matters: moderated by Marcus Boon(CA) with Nina Eldsheim and
Douglas Kahn
Week 3: Sound Art, Curating, Technology, Theory moderated by Jim Drobnick (CA)
with Darren Copeland, David Cecchetto, Marc Couroux, Christoph Cox, Kevin
deForest, Ryan Alexander Diduck, Paul Dolden, Dave Dyment, Anna Friz, Seth
Kim-Cohen, Andra McCartney, John Oswald, Eldritch Priest, Salome Voegelin
Week 4:Feminism Confronts Audio Technology moderated by Asha Tamirisa (US) with
Rachel Devorah Trapp (US) , Monisola Gbadebo (US), Lyn Goeringer (US), Caroline
Park (US)
Though we have touched on a number of sound related topics if any of our
participants are interested in designating an entire month to extend the
discussion we do have a month towards the latter part of this year open.  Just
send an email our way.
I want to take the time to give a shout out to Asha and her guests for offering
a feminist perspective on sound this past week.  My travels have prevented me
from having the internet access I needed to participate fully but I do have so
many questions for you that extend beyond the practice of making but imply more
political implications.  I would love to spend more time in nurturing topics
relating to feminism and technology.  I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago I
attended the FemTechNet workshop at the New School.  An international
discussion involving feminist technologies would interest me and I know many of
our guests so if anyone is willing to co-moderate a month with me in the future
let me know as well.
Simon and Sue thanks for taking over July.  Just a note to let you all know
that -empyre will be offline in  August once again for our yearly break.
au revoir,  Renate and Tim