To follow up:

If you permit, in connection with Ross'e earlier comment on the depoliticizing
"melancholia" of design discourses planning for no-future,
may I go back to a comment posted by Susan Kozel early last week, addressing
her concern with the 'colonization' of bodies in the context of
consumer-oriented and mass produced interactive wearables?

[Susan schreibt]
< I contribute the 'embodied' strand to the Master's and PhD education but am
increasingly uncomfortable with the way
bodies play into interaction design, just as a placeholder for the word
'context,' or more worryingly as another domain
for design to colonise under the rhetoric of increased personal freedom,
efficiency or health benefits.  >

As I meditated on what some of you said regarding design and/of uncertainty,
and now thinking through bodies and
social choreogaphies (the disappearance of space in time, as Wolfgang
Meisenheimer subtites his book on
"Choreography of the Architecture of Space"), I wondered about that
uncertainty, and how that is actually
contradicted by our corporeal perceptions and the momentum of our having to
adapt continuously to
(phenomenologiocal) occurences and incidents, and thus temporal developments
which are or which shape the
condition of spatial expressiveness, thus space cannot be a model of doom for
human or animal perceptions?

Meisenheimer speaks about "die Gesten der Wege" (gestures of passageways) in a
poetic way that I like, but these
passages are interpreted phenomenologically through the innate (and not
necessarily culturally specific) relationships
between bodies and architectures derived from proprioception and kinetic
memories (since womb time); bodily
movement and gestures would thus initiate (since the body thinks in movement)
possible scenarios of the future
(and virtual space or void space) as it is accustomed to scanning gestures; the
body, Meisenheimer suggests,
will always attempt to employ its sensing, ordering and interacting
repertoires.*

Thus, my question to Susan would be – what kind of architectures of interaction
(not consumption) are imagined
when you teach or practice your work, how do they relate to
past-times/future-times and the fabric of
our activities in life, vital and social processes. what is recognized, or
should be recognized rather than
becoming natural and familiar (and here Meisenheimer does not offer a political
reading of the consequences of alignment).

regards
Johannes Birringer
DAP-Lab
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/dap

* [from "Choreography of the Architecture of Space", Munbal-li : Dongnyok,
2007,  published in Korea (in 3 languages), p. 28.]