Dear all,
thank you Johannes for inviting me to share my thoughts in this group of
wonderful people from over the globe - what a wonderful opportunity for us
all - I almost can see us sitting together in the future on some place in
Syria or Iraq, revisiting out thoughts on terror and our personal and
professional ways to cope with it.

I re-member, as one puts pieces of meta-imagery of our own mind, images
from one's own experience, the protests in Spain when people in Barcelona
protested against bombing Iraq, but Spanish government opened the air
corridors and let US plains destroy the city to ashes. I re-member reading
that a Muslim community near Detroit largely regretted voting Bush in the
aftermath of that terrible event. You know why they voted Bush? Because he
was anti-gay.

Just a few years after, here we are talking about ISIS terror.History
sarcasm.

As Murat said, the ideas are slow. Yes, and the evil seems working at the
full speed, greedily destroying the planet.

I think of the work of Valie Export, one of the first artists who made
herself a cyborg, using her body as a camera, mapping public space in this
way and creating a new spatial relation between the body and the world.
The idea is slow. We are opposing the evil as we talk, exchange, act in the
public space, and evolve together with the planet.

Coming from Croatia, Balkan, I have a close experience of war. Not like US
citizens, the experience of mediation of the terror via CNN or the body of
one's son being sent in the body bag. I saw it in my own backyard. And I
have one conclusion on the war on Balkan: it was largely a gender war.

The anthropology is, says Auge, the science of the 21st Ct. But we do not
apply it. The question of projecting the Other as the Enemy has been fueled
by greed like it was maybe in the times when Spain and England were killing
people for gold in Americas. The beginning of genocide.

Time is not a linear category. I think about it every single day, feeling
as if the screen of my Mac is just another form of crystal ball of a
medieval witch:)

looking forward dear people to exchange more with you, as I said, with
projection of us all revisiting our thoughts on the ground freed of terror.

Sonja Leboš
sonjaleboš@gmail.com
www.resurbanae.wordpress.com
www.theatreofmemories.org