On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:39:31AM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Gene Chang (genchang) wrote:
> > There is an EAP-FAST implementation on FreeRADIUS from Jouni Malinan.
>
>   If there was, I would have known about it.

Yes, and I would assume I would also be aware of this should such a
thing have happened ;-).

>   Jouni has added EAP-FAST to hostapd and to wpa_supplicant.  While
> hostapd is a RADIUS server, it's pretty minimal.  i.e. not database
> support, no policy language, etc.

I added EAP-FAST support to hostapd mainly to make it (much) easier for
me to test client side code in wpa_supplicant. Anyway, that means that
there is an open source implementation available for both the server and
peer side of EAP-FAST should someone be interested in testing them and
was just waiting for broader set of available implementations or access
to source code. I would obviously be interested in any feedback on the
implementations, too. I try to run as complete interop tests with other
implementations as feasible, but don't really have unlimited resources
for doing this, so any additional testing would be welcome.

Sure, hostapd as a RADIUS server is not meant for large and complex
deployments, but I think it works well as a testbed component for
testing various EAP methods, including EAP-FAST. In addition, based on
past history, it looks like I have quite open view in adding support for
new EAP methods regardless of their completeness, popularity, or even
suitability for anything ;-). I see this as one of the best ways to
evaluate protocol designs and specifications and more or less mandatory
part of standard development.