Dave and Dorothy:

We don't believe there are interoperability issues, as the intended
informational RFCs clearly describe the protocol and packet format over
the wire for these inner methods specifically when running inside
EAP-FAST. The so called "interoperability issue" raised is at most an
implementation issue, only applies to certain software environments
where the same inner methods are used both inside and outside EAP-FAST,
and could be worked around. This is demonstrated by the numerous
existing client and server implementations already deployed in the field
(most of which support these inner methods both inside and outside
EAP-FAST), and lack of reporting of this issue. The intent of these
drafts is informational and to clearly document the existing
implementations started 5 years ago. Assigning new EAP types isn't going
to solve any interoperability problems, but is likely to generate new
ones. If we were to redesign today, certainly we would probably take a
different approach to make the software implementation easier. We are
open to all of your suggestions for enhancements on the next version of
EAP-FAST.

We believe these drafts have documented these potential points of
confusion. The difference between EAP-MSCHAPVv2 inside and outside
EAP-FAST is documented in draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning. As for
EAP-FAST-GTC, the draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc documents the difference it
has with EAP-GTC in turns of handling password authentication. As for
regular OTP or token authentication, the implementation could strip the
labels and pass the rest to the regular EAP-GTC state machine. How GTC
handles the token exchanges is outside the scope of this draft (under
defined in RFC3748). If you do see areas of requiring more description
of the differences, we are certainly open to suggestions.