>>- User account credentials incorrect
>> - User account credentials change required
>
>[Joe] I am concerned that these error messages reveal too much
>information to an attacker.

I agree there are risks if used inappropriately, but nonetheless there are
reasonable uses for these (for example, switching it on temporarily when
debugging) as these are very common error conditions. I suggest that these
be optional to implement and use, and that we have security considerations
text that highlights the issue. Happy to propose some text.

Josh.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238