And as a related note, if the PAC goes away, so does the Authority-ID TLV, and
related things like A-ID.

 The use of Authority-ID is defined in Section 3.2 of RFC 7170:

  The
  authority identity TLV (Authority-ID TLV) is used to provide the peer
  a hint of the server's identity that may be useful in helping the
  peer select the appropriate credential to use.

 However, this TLV is sent outside of TLS, and is therefore both exposing
server identities (perhaps not an issue), and is also modifiable (perhaps more
of an issue).

 I suppose that in practice, TEAP deployments would just use certificates, and
TLS would take care of signalling the server identity.

 And just going through all of the possible corner cases, should we  also
mention TLS-PSK?  I don't think anyone has implemented support for using PSK
instead of client certificates, but it's possible.  Perhaps it's worth
mentioning, and suggesting that TLS-PSK isn't a good idea?