On Jan 16, 2023, at 9:53 AM, Alexander Clouter <alex+i...@coremem.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what to do with A-ID[1] (and everything around PAC-Info) but
> starting to figure that as you can stuff anything you want into the opaque
> SessionTicket it really does not matter.

  I think so, yes.  For one, A-ID is defined as:

The A-ID is the identity of the authority that issued the PAC.

  Since the Authority-ID is already sent (or should be sent) in the outer TLVs,
this A-ID seems often superfluous.  But that's another issue. :(

> Not aware this has even been implemented by anyone even for RADIUS (D)TLS
> yet, right?

  FreeRADIUS supports TLS-PSK for both inbound and outbound RADIUS/(D)TLS.  It
also supports TLS-PSK for EAP-TLS, and any other TLS-enabled EAP types.

> Maybe time to hammer out a TLS-PSK implementation just to see what this looks
> and smells like? Previous RFC's have described that TLS-PSK is supported but
> someone here (or was it radext) pointed out that there is no mention of a PSK
> Identity which is needed not just the keying material.

  Yes, that's been discussed in RADEXT.  (D)TLS-bis should describe how to do
PSK.

> Maybe I am mis-reading it but I think TLS-PSK has effectively been given the
> kibosh by RFC9190 section 2.1.1: "Pre-Shared Key (PSK) authentication SHALL
> NOT be used except for resumption"?

  That's for EAP-TLS, and not for other EAP methods.  EAP-TLS has no other way
to authenticate users, whereas TEAP could use additional methods inside of the
TLS tunnel.

  But it is a good reason to frown on TLS-PSK in TEAP, I think.

  Alan DeKok.