Alexander Clouter <alex+i...@coremem.com> wrote:

    >>> So for OOB provisioning (ie. get an IP to access a captive portal)
    >>> the conversation would be:

    >>> Sounds sensible.
    >>
    >> I don't think it's that straight forward.  For Enterprise-WiFi we
    >> still need cryptographic keys for the WiFi 4-way handshake, so
    >> establishing a TLS-Tunnel is needed to derive the WPA keys.

    > Nice catch.

Doing this is significantly better than either unencrypted wifi (w/portal),
or encrypted WPA-PSK wifi.

So yes, we always want to run EAP-TLS to generate keys.
This document is related to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-emu-eap-onboarding/, (which
I'll repost on Saturday), but modularizes the work into smaller pieces.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*