On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 20:25:22 +0800
Ryan Chan <ryanchan...@gmail.com> wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I have an encrypted folder under .e.g. /myprogram, I have some Perl
| source files /myprogram/server.pl want to start during the system
| boot.
|
| I don't want to login and type the password every time and want to
| automate the process?
| Is it possible?

Only if their is someway in which the encrypted folder can be mounts using
a password from some source!

Typically in a fully encrypted computer, the user provides a password
during the boot process which unlocks the rest of the system.

An alternative is for the password (or better still a VERY LONG binary
password) to be stored on a USB stick.  During the boot the usb is
mounted (or just read directly), and pass into a EncFS command to
mount the encrypted partitions.  In this way you use a physical key
(the USB stick) to unlock the computer during the boot process.

No key -- no working computer, or perhaps a fake 'kiddy computer' gets
launched in place of the encrypted computer :-)

In fact you could make that USB hold that 'boot sequence' so their is
no sign that the computer has a altunative or 'true' boot configuration.

Once booted the USB is not needed anymore can can be re-hidden.

There are lots of possibilities ;-)

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <a.thys...@griffith.edu.au>
      Warning - the varmits in these woods are NOT tame.
          Travellers are warning to stay on the road,
      as their remains will not be returned to their kin.  -- The Lerdki
                                        Robert Heinlein's, "Glory Road"
   Anthony's Castle     http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/