hello,
newbie here, so be patient please...
i'm looking for a way to protect my email archive, while keep it
usable (for browsing, searches etc.)  encfs looks promising (discovered
it today, shame...) but i read about problems with mutt and procmail,
which is what i'm using...

the basic idea is to encrypt my email archives in ~/Mail/* to let's say
~/eMail/*, mount it on mutt start and umount it on stop. so far so simple.
but what exactly does not work work mutt? couldn't find much about it.

"pre-configured paranoia mode" seems to have problems with mutt lock files,
but that's not clear to me. "standard configuration" seems to work as
expected, but seems to need --allow_others too.

basically the only thing i'm looking for is to encrypt the file contents.
(aside frm using pgp for mail transport).
would you think that encfs is the way to go for that?

thanks for hints, uno