On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 19:13 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> Sriram Ramkrishna <s...@ramkrishna.me> wrote:
> > Totally respect this decision and it gives a chance for someone else new to
> > the team to take over and do them.
>
> Thanks Sri! Ideally, I think the release notes would be owned by the
> whole team and would form part of the overall engagement schedule,
> rather than being the sole preserve of a single individual. It's
> important that we have some collective responsibility and some
> oversight, to make sure that things happen when they're supposed to.
>
> > Let's try to figure out how to do them
> > for the next year and see who would be willing to them forthwith.
>
> My suggestion would be to start looking at release marketing about two
> months out - so mid-July for the next release.
>
> Allan

I agree it should be a shared responsibility of the whole team. I personally
have an interest in the release notes as I've always imagined writing a "What's
new in GNOME in Fedora $NEXT" article for the magazine. Having release notes is
key to that article. I can see them being used as the basis for social media
posts too.