On 05/04/2013 12:13 PM, David wrote:

> If I may ask why does Debian offer such an old version of Icedove (same
> as TBird 10 when the current release is 17.0.5) and such an old version
> of Enigmail (1.4.1) when the current release is 1.5.1?

For the stable version of debian, we offer long-term supported releases
that we have time to test and integrate with the rest of the operating
system. thunderbird 10 is the extended support release that was
available at the time that wheezy (the upcoming stable release) was frozen.

We offer the version of enigmail that corresponds with the version of
thunderbird that we ship.

Regards,

        --dkg