On 05/04/2013 01:25 PM, David wrote:
> I see. So does that mean that any security 'fixes' have been
> backported? Or just are they just ignored?

Security concerns are not ignored; the goal of any stable release is to
maintain a stable set of features and functionality (and APIs and ABIs)
while addressing security concerns safely and promptly.  Depending on
the software in question, this usually involves backporting specific
fixes and/or tracking a particular upstream long-term-support release
(if it is maintained with a similar set of goals as debian stable).

This is getting increasingly off-topic for the engimail list, so i
encourage you to read more about the debian security team starting at:

 http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Security

And about the debian release process at:

 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases
 http://www.debian.org/releases/

Thanks for your interest in Debian!

Regards,