On 13/08/14 19:59, Ludwig Hügelschäfer wrote:
> On 13.08.14 11:49, Philip Jackson wrote:
>> [No display of signing key]
>
> Your whole description reads as if Enigmail respectively the
> underlying gnupg thinks, it has the key, but for some unknown reason
> can't display it.

Yes it seems to have thought it had the key but it did not.

> The expected behaviour for Enigmail is to display a _yellow_ ribbon
> when the signing key is not locally available and offer to download
> it, not to examine/sign/etc.
>
> Did some other application - even in the background - try to access
> your gnupg keyring at that time?

The only other applications running were Firefox and keepassX (which I use to
auto-type passphrase for pinentry)

> Could you please try to open/view the same mail again and try to
> reproduce this behaviour? If yes, please enable logging within
> Enigmail and send us the debug log. Instructions on how to do this can
> be found here: https://www.enigmail.net/support/bugs.php (lower half).

Sorry - that mail has gone.  I thought the debug log would be there because I
had defined a logging directory some time ago.  However, I made a mistake and
entered the directory as '~/philip/enigmail' and the logfile did not get
created. (I forgot to check at the time.)   I have now defined the log directory
as '/home/philip/enigmail' and the logfile has been created (I just checked)

> If it's not reproducible, please watch out for further occurences and
> try to note the circumstances and report here.

Will do !

Philip