Hi and thanks for replying,

Am 28.08.2014 um 01:23 schrieb Olav Seyfarth:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> Enigmail gives message that the key might be expired, and doesn't
>> allow me to sign the message. I'm sure the key is not expired.
>> The message is: The key was not found or is invalid. The
>> (sub-)key could have been expired.
>
> for the key in question, what validity does "gpg --list-key
> <KEYID>" yield? UIDs should be "[ uneing.]" (german).

Yes, it says "[ uneing.]"

>> I guess that it has to do with the switch of Distros
>
> I doubt that.
>
> If that all doesn't help, please 1) upgrade to Enigmail nightly if
> installed through package manager, I recon you should close TB,
> uninstall Enigmail package, install XPI from enigmail.net through
> TB AddOn Manager and restart TB, then redo your test

Nightly build doesn't do any better

> If that all doesn't help, please 2) create debug directory, enable
> debugging (needs expert settings), restart TB, redo your test,
> close TB, ZIP debug dir and send cleaned files along with
> screenshots, exported public keys, prefs.js and pgprules.xml to
> me.

You got to help me here a bit. I set a folder for a log-file, but it's
not been created (have severy restarts past me). I'm not wsure where
to get to the expert settings. I tried sending emails to me each time
I restarted TB.
Where do I find all the other things you mention (cleaned files along
with screenshots, exported public keys, prefs.js and pgprules.xml),
and what kind of screenshots do you want? What do you mean by
"cleaned" files?

A new problem occured, however: Since I wanted to write down step by
step what's happening, I saved this mail (actually a previous mail) as
draft in order to restart TB. After opening and editing it, all of a
sudden TB or enigmail decided that it can't decrypt the mail, and now
the draft is empty. However, it wasn't encrypted, as I never got to
the point to encrypt it.

Thanks,

Martin

> Olav

Herzliche Grüße!

Martin Senftleben

P.s.: Ein Anhang lässt sich nicht öffnen? Hier gibt's Infos dazu:
http://www.drmartinus.de/pgpindex.html