On 29.08.14 06:08, Dr. Martin Senftleben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 28.08.2014 um 19:05 schrieb Ludwig Hügelschäfer:

>> Ok. Does Enigmail use gpg version 1.x or gpg version 2.x? If the
>>  latter, then presumably your gpg-agent is not running.
>
> It uses version 2, as far as I can tell (gpg links to gpg2)

Ok.

>> To find out, please open a shell and type
>>
>> gpg-agent
>>
>> followed by Enter. What does it say?
>
> gpg-agent: gpg-agent running and available

Ok, very good.

>>> You got to help me here a bit. I set a folder for a log-file,
>>> but it's not been created (have severy restarts past me).
>>
>> The folder to write the debug log must exist, otherwise the log
>> won't be created.
>
> Oh, I see. I thought it creates the folder by itself.

So Enigmail should now be able to produce a debug log.

>> This may be connected to the not running gpg-agent.
>
> Unfortunately not.
>
> Thanks for trying to help. Maybe a solution can be found. I'm
> still clueless.

Me, too. Then, as next step we will need what Olav said:

create debug directory, enable debugging (needs expert settings),
restart TB, redo your test, close TB, ZIP debug dir and send cleaned
files along with screenshots, exported public keys, prefs.js and
pgprules.xml.

"Cleaned files" means that you may wish to obfuscate personal
information within the debug log before sending it to us. Screenshots
are very helpful to easlily understand what you were doing - otherwise
we would have to decode it from the debug log.

Please send everything to "olav at enigmail dot net" and "ludwig at
enigmail dot net"

Ludwig