On 2/4/15 9:13 AM, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
We recently discussed in (a part of) the Enigmail team that we should
think about giving up support for GnuPG 1.4.x.

Reasons:
* GnuPG 2.0 was released in November 2006; it has proven for a long
time to be stable.
* While GnuPG 1.4 still makes sense on embedded devices and computers
with limited resources, this does not hold anymore for today's PCs.
* We still have quite a lot of GnuPG 1.4-specific code, and
maintenance of Enigmail is more complex with more versions of GnuPG
(e.g. password handling / bug 287).

My knee-jerk reaction is that we're not yet at the point where 1.x usage has dropped sufficiently to warrant this change, but before I cast a "No" vote (for whatever that's worth) I'm curious as to how much more complex development efforts are due to the 1.x code?

Doug