On 03/25/2015 10:40 PM, Andre Lahmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since upgrading to Enigmail 1.8.x it's not possible anymore to paste the
> passphrase into the pinentry dialogbox. I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 and
> neither ctrl+v nor mouse buffer is working (as I am managing my
> passphrases with keepass I also tried autotype without success).
> Is this a bug or a feature?!?
>
> Best,
> André

Hi!

You could use keepass2 to type your password for you. In my experience
it's a bit slow if you have a very long password. The trick is to
increase default-cache-ttl in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf to improve usability.

Change default auto-type to {Password}{ENTER}, entering the name of the
target window helps (pinentry-gtk-2 or pinentry-qt4 for Debian Stable).

This method is not perfect: some malware could record virtual keystrokes
from keepass2. There is a "Two-channel auto-type obfuscation" feature
supposed to increase security but it doesn't work with pinentry-gtk-2 or
pinentry-qt4 AFAIK...

If anybody knows how to increase speed of keepas2 --> pinentry
communication or how to enable two-channel auto-type obfuscation, let me
know.

Enigmail 1.8.0 was terrible but 1.8.1 works very well on Debian Stable
with regular Icevode version. Thanks for the good work! :-)

Thanks.

--
OpenPGP / GPG key: 0x14B7E62420E51038
I encrypt emails with GPG, Thunderbird & Enigmail.