Thanks.

But the problem is *not* that I don't know how to change the password. It's
that I've lost the password but it is on my computer somewhere.

$ locate pinentry
$

Nothing.

Yet if I open Thunderbird, I can decrypt emails no problems. Sadly I cannot
change the key's password without being prompted.

If I restart the computer, I can still decrypt emails. Where is this password
being stored?

How can I find it? Is there some way to get Enigmail to spit it out? How can I
find out what pinentry/agent software is being used, or where it is stored when
the session starts? Someone somewhere must know this, and unfortunately it's a
very important key...