Am 12.09.2016 um 12:48 schrieb Patrick Brunschwig:
> The message says it all. GNOME keyring hijacked the GnuPG agent - the
> only long-term resolution is that you follow our FAQ to fix this
> permanently.
>
> https://www.enigmail.net/index.php/en/faq?view=category&id=14
>
> Section "Resolving issues with GnuPG 2.x and gpg-agent"

I finally gave up on this last night.

1.) There is no $HOME/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf, instead I found
$HOME/.gnupg/gpg.conf
2.) There is no usr/bin/pinentry-gtk2, instead there is
usr/bin/pinentry-gtk-2

Then I've found two symlinks from/to pinentry:

1.) from /usr/bin/pinentry to /etc/alternatives/pinentry
2.) from /etc/alternatives/pinentry to /usr/bin/pinentry-gtk-2

This may or may not be specific to Linux Mint Debian Edition - I've had
enough of this and didn't want to end up in an endless handicraft work.
So I went back to Enigmail 1.8.2 from the official repo.

Thanks anyway.

Markus

--
GPG Fingerprint:
36EC A44A 4A56 8D9D D9F7 30BE A7BD D584 7EE0 D1FA

GPG Public Key Download:
http://gpg.dark-vatta.net