On 17/09/17 11:28, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:

> On 17.09.17 10:40, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> On 17/09/17 09:24, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
>>
>>> Am 16. September 2017 21:32:00 MESZ schrieb Phil Dobbin
>>> <phildob...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>>     Further to this problem, there are no keys listed anymore in Key
>>>     Management not even mine.
>>>
>>>     Any clue as to what's happening here would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>     Cheers Phil.
>>>

>>> Is there any error in the Thunderbird Error Console?
>>
>> Hi Patrick.
>>
>> The error log is virtually empty because I've only just booted the
>> machine & logged on.
>>
>> I imported my keys from MIT & can now send signed & encrypted mail so it
>> seems the problem was the update of Thunderbird somehow deleted all keys
>> in Enigmail. I can still see the keys that had been present in
>> Enigmail's database when I list them from the command line.
>>
>> Is there any way to import them into Enigmail?
>
> You cannot import anything into Enigmail, as Enigmail is only a frontend
> to GnuPG. That's why Rob asked if you can sign on the command line.
> Normally, the keys are stored by GnuPG in ~/.gnupg
>
> Please try to reload the key cache and then check the Thunderbird
> console if there is an error (menu Tools > Developer Tools > Error
> Console).
>
> If that doesn't show anything, then go to menu Enigmail > Preferences
> and enable the "Expert Settings". Then go to menu Enigmail > Debugging
> Options > Console and check at the top of the window what GnuPG reports.
>
> 1st you'd see which version of gpg is used by Enigmail. Is that the same
> version that you would use on the command line?
>
> 2nd, GnuPG would report a line starting with "Home:" showing from where
> it loads the keys. That's where you would find the public key ring.

Hi Patrick.

After reloading the key cache the error console shows nothing apart from
regular js messages.

In Enigmail's debug console it shows that the version of gpg2 (2.1.11)
is the same as the cli version & that the home is ~/.gnupg where there
is a pubring.gpg/kbx

Cheers Phil.

--
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new
   Murphy by Samuel Beckett

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png