On 27.10.18 10:32, n...@gmx.li wrote:
> Hello list,
> when decrypt an mail, the password dialogue are always in English when
> it called by enigmail. But decrypt an file from the console, then the
> dialogue is shown in the system language. In both scenarios gpg2 shows
> the password question. But why don't respect it the system language when
> it called via enigmail?
>
> Environment:
> OS: Fedora 28
> Thunderbird: 60.2.1
> Enigmail: 2.0.8
> GPG2: 2.2.8
>

> Thanks for any ideas.

I believe this is because Enigmail sets LC_ALL=C and LANG=C for calling
GnuPG, such that all output is in a format that Enigmail can interpret
it (Enigmail needs to interpret some human-readable messages that GnuPG
does not issue correctly in the API).

The only way I see how you could fix this is by writing a wrapper for
pinentry like below and configure gpg-agent to use that wrapper:

----
#!/bin/bash

export LC_ALL=xx_YY
export LANG=xx_YY