On 9/1/2020 1:32 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

>> since thunderbird 78 doesnt need any enigmail. How long are you going
>> to support your thunderbird add-on?

> At least until 2021.

I did the upgrade from TB68 to TB78 on two of my Windows 10 office
computers.  One went flawlessly.  The other had a hitch with trying to
migrate a non-existent key but that was solved and the process completed.

After trying out TB78 on my main computer, I found that two very
important add-ons that I use heavily in message composing ("External
Editor" and "Signature Switch") are not supported in TB78 and at least
one author is not sure whether he will migrate it to TB78.  We all went
through this with Firefox last year.

As a result I had to reinstall TB68 on that computer.  Even though I
knew the architecture of how TB is stored in Windows and had a current
file backup it took a lot of time and unfortunately some mail messages
were lost in the transition.

The upshot is that unless those extensions are migrated I will have to
keep using TB68 and Enigmail on that computer.  The other computer will
keep running TB78.

Thank you for all your efforts in bringing usable encryption to the user
community.

Phil Kane
Beaverton, OR USA