On 06.09.20 19:39, Mark wrote:

> Little confused here with the messages about p≡p. If Thunderbird 78 has
> built in OpenPGP and we no longer use Enigmail/GPG4Win, what is this
> addon for?

This add-on is for automatic email encryption, creating a key pair for
each account you configure and/or importing secret and public keys from
your Enigmail settings, be that for "Junior" or "classic" Enigmail users.

As a special feature, it also to easily synchronize your secret keys
among your devices, if they're using p≡p and a common email address.

User doc: https://www.pep.security/docs/general_information.html#pp-sync
IETF draft: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pep-keysync-02

Greets --hernani

--