"Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)" wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:19:26 -0500 Kevin Brosius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> > Ben Rockwood wrote:
> > >

> > (snip)
> > >    been noted in the AUTHORS files of each project and the ChangeLog of
> >
> > Well, one of the points of doing new/early development in cvs is that
> > you don't maintain a changelog...
>
> technically cvs does this for us :)

Well, that was partially my point.  But now that I think about it:

  - No, cvs only tracks who changes what.  We need to encourage commit
comments that say what the change does functionally.
  - I'd suggest not using the ChangeLog files on pre 1.0 apps/libs and
sticking to it.  For packages that are stable, then a ChangeLog should
be maintained.  Does anything in the e17 tree fall in that category
yet?  Maybe efsd, you might say evas, entice, ...?  That's a small
percentage.

--
Kevin