On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:07:13 +0200 Kim Woelders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> So, is this a reasonable summary?
>
> - First of all, Imlib2 should be updated to FreeType2
>    Not entirely trivial.
>    This would be useful for many projects using Imlib2

this can be done at any time - so an imlib2 port and imlib2->ft2 port can be done in
parallel.

> - Then, it could be considered to port E16 from Imlib1(+FreeType1)
>       to Imlib2(+FreeType2)
>    Definitively not trivial
>    Questionable if it is worth while

it would make e16 easier to install and probably run faster - that's about the benefit
you'll get.

> - Fnlib (uses Imlib1)
>    Possibly not used, maybe only in a few themes, nobody really knows
>    Could be removed if somebody really takes on E16/Imlib

removal is farily trivial :) yup.

> /Kim

--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
熊耳                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615