On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:25:35 -0600 Ibukun Olumuyiwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> > NB: the evas gl engine does work fine with edje and a bunch of other apps i
> > have here... :) (except for my previous list of known nasties)
> >

> True...this seems to be a unique situation probably not unrelated to
> vt-switching/X initialization. It could also be a driver-specific issue,
> since it works fine in test mode under a normal X session. Would be nice

hmm very true. that makes it a royal PITA to track down... UGH! i think I'll
just go away and try some other pain instead! :)

> to get GL issues resolved too ... animation is generally much smoother and
> nicer with GL than software when there's lots of frames involved.

true. again - its dependant on your driver and card... i can tell u on an i810
i'd take software ANY DAY over opengl! (i810 has 16bpp textures only so with
alpha its 4bits for r, g b and a... ugly! i should impliment texture dithering!)
anyway... :)

> > --
> > ------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
> > The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > ?$B7'<* - ?$B<V7/ (?$B?tED)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Tokyo, Japan (?$BEl5~ ?$BF|K\)
>
> --
>
> Ibukun Olumuyiwa
> http://xcomputerman.com
>
> "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy
> getting get understanding." - Proverbs 4:7

熊耳 - 車君 (数田)                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)