On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:56:50 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] claimed:
> This is just begging the question however - is this:
>
> 1) A proper fix, because od_icon_mapping_get() could legitimately be
> called with a NULL and it should Do Something Reasonable
>
> 2) Papering over the *real* bug, which is that somebody else is
> failing to set winclass or app->winclass before calling the function?

I'm not sure, actually. Someone else will have to define legitimate. I
generally believe that null checks are a good idea anyway, though they
can cover up bugs... Arguably that's coding style.

What happened here is that there was an empty directory sitting in my
mapping/ dir. It looks like e_app_new is fine with directories, but it
doesn't actually fill out the app->winclass field if
$subdir/.directory.eet doesn't exist, but still tries to add it as an
app.

Should it pay attention to directories in mapping/ that lack a .eet
file?

(fwph)

--
Frederick Heckel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A kind of Batman of contemporary letters.
                -- Philip Larkin on Anthony Burgess
rs