On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:09:12 +0200 Danky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> El vie, 15-04-2005 a las 00:48 -0300, Bruno Deferrari escribi__:
> > Raster, I think its the same for every spanish speaking country.
> > Firefox has es_ES for Spain and es_AR for Latin-America, but Im almost
> > sure they are the same.
>
> There are so many differences between south american spanish and spain
> one.
>
> Im from Spain and I have some south american friends, and there was so
> much phrases that spanish people noticed strange and fun :)
>
> for example:
> south american - spain - english
> dame teniendo - toma - take
> vos - tu - you
> compu - ordenador - computer
> chico - peque?o - small
> ingresa - introduce - input
> clima - tiempo - weather
> regresar - volver - back
> presione - pulse - press
> celular - movil - cellullar or mobile phone :)
> auto - coche - car
>
> note: the south american words can be from different countries
> (argentina, mexico, ecuador..)
>
> In spain we can understand all these words, spanish have too much
> synonymous, but they are not common.
>
> Spanish have so much more words and grammatic issues than english, so i
> think that differences are bigger than american - uk english.
>
> I can help with spanish traslation.
> I saw an file called es_AR.po from Matias, but I saw only a few spanish
> strings. Perhaps its incomplete?
>
> If someone can tell me what I must do, I can traslate it :)

yes. it's incomplete :) also it will keep being incomplete as long as e17 is
developed. we add strings to the code all the time (new modules, new menus,
features etc.) and it will become out of data every week - as will all the
translations. :) so doing the translation stuff is a matter of finding new
strings in enlightenment.pot that are not in the lang.po files that you are
handling and regularly updating the translations. if strings disappear or
change handle that too :)

so if you want to handle maintaining the .po file(s) that'd be great. right now
the argentinian spanish translation is the generic es.po (as its the only one
we have). i'd be happy to have help adding all the spanish locales (all of
south america and spain too) and have help in them being maintained :)

you may find its easier to just update them once a month or 2 to save time :)

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)