Andrew Williams wrote:
perhaps looking at this on an ecore_config API level, rather than on a
ecore_config binary tool parameters level would help.
We need generic list handling in ecore_config and it is something I have
pondered over much and never come to a satisfactory solution...

that is what I was on about too.. the append stuff is just a useful tool for strings..

What I'm currently thinking about, is adding in a new type ECORE_CONFIG_ARRAY with the data structure written to the eet like %c\0%c\0[...]\0 where the first %c is ECORE_CONFIG_ARRAY, the next the type of data contained (ECORE_CONFIG_STRING) and [...] the items of the array packed together.. strings would be null-terminated and others having a fixed width, not needing separators..

does that sound reasonable?

--
Morten
:wq